PEAR SALAD RECIPE WITH PORT WINE DRESSING AND GRILLED CHEESE
- 1 cup of Port wine
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp whole grain old fashioned mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- a sprig of rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 5 red pears washed, cored and cut into slices
- 2 ozs 12 oz packages of queijo coalho cubed
- 10 ozs baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Add the Port wine to a sauce pan over medium to high heat and bring to a boil. Let it simmer uncovered until the wine is reduced to about 1/4 cup and is syrupy and coats the back of a spoon. Let it cool.
2. Meanwhile, grill the cheese in a non-stick skillet over medium to high heat and grill all sides. Set aside.
3. Add the wine reduction, the apple cider, the mustard, the olive oil, and the rosemary sprig to a mason jar or medium bowl.
4. Shake the jar, or whisk until well blended, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Put the greens in a large serving bowl, drizzle the dressing (to your taste) and toss to coat. Top with the pecans, the grilled cheese and the pears.