Caramelized Black Pepper Chicken
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fish Sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 tbsps Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Finely Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 2 tsps Fresh Thai Chilies halved or dried red chilies
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Shallot
- 1 lb Skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Cilantro Sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce, water, rice vinegar, garlic , ginger , pepper and chilies.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet.
- Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat until sofened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce mixture and the chicken, let it simmer over high heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with the cilantro and serve.
- Serve with: Steamed Jasmine Rice and Just One Last Kiss White Wine
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!