Chipotle Sweet Potato Gratin
- 1 chipotle pepper chopped (or 2 teaspoons chipotle puree)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1/16 inch thick optional chopped sage, parsley, or green onions as garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine chipotle pepper with cream, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Coat the bottom of a 9” x 9” baking pan with cream mixture.
- Create a single layer of sliced sweet potatoes. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until everything is used up.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 min or until knife tender.
- Uncover for 15 minutes until browned. Gratin may be made two days ahead and chilled, covered.
- Reheat gratin, covered, in oven.
- When ready to serve, cut into rectangles and optionally sprinkle with herbs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!