Forte Brownies with Forte Ganache Icing
April 10, 2019
- 4 ozs unsweetened chocolate
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of Forte (as desired)
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ingredients for Icing
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps Forte
DIRECTIONS FOR BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- Using a nonstick cooking spray or butter, lightly grease a 9” x 13” glass baking dish.
- Heat a medium saucepot on low heat and add the butter, stirring frequently until melted (do not allow to boil).
- Add the chocolate and stir frequently until melted.
- Remove pot from heat and add the sugars, stirring until well combined.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and Forté, stir until eggs are fully combined.
- Add the flour and salt, stir until smooth and thick.
- Spread evenly into the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes before flipping out of pan onto a wire rack to cool.
- Either return to the pan to top with icing or ice on the wire rack to coat the sides.
DIRECTIONS FOR ICING
- In a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a simmer, remove pan from heat.
- Add the chocolate chips, butter and Forté, and let stand for for 2 minutes, or until the chocolate has melted.
- With an electric mixer or wire whisk, beat the mixture until smooth.
- Allow to cool until thick enough to use as a glaze, or cool completely and whip to desired spreading consistency.
- Spread evenly over cooled brownies.
If desired, top with fresh raspberries or dried cherries.