Strawberry Sorbet Recipe
- 2 quarts strawberries, washed (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsps lemon juice, to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste
1. Remove tops from strawberries and purée in a blender or food processor until smooth. 2 quarts whole strawberries should yield 1 quart of purée. Add sugar and blend for 30 seconds. Add lemon and salt, blend to incorporate, and adjust to taste.
2. Strain purée and transfer to refrigerator; chill for 2 to 3 hours until very cold. Churn sorbet in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer sorbet to freezer to firm up for 2 to 3 hours before serving.