Pizza Quinoa with Summer Squash
March 9, 2022
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1 oz 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkling of red pepper flakes, for garnish
- sprinkling of parmesan cheese, for garnish
- fresh basil and oregano, for garnish
1.Rinse the quinoa. Place in a medium saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil then turn down to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
2.Saute chopped squash in heated oil for about 10 minutes or until it's tender.
Once the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork. Remove from heat and add the squash, tomato sauce, cheese and spinach. Stir well to combine.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and top with red pepper flakes, parmesan and fresh basil. Mamma mia that's delizioso!