This fun and flavorful grilled pizza recipe is spicy, savory and sure to hit the spot. Pair with our crowd-pleasing Mountain Selection Barbera.
2 large links of linguica
2 medium red bell peppers
8 oz. mozzarella (finely shredded)
1 small can of chopped black olives
1 13.8 oz refrigerated pizza dough (or your own recipe)
Dried parsley & oregano for seasoning
Vegetable or olive oil for grilling and brushing
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
2 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
1 tbsp. cherry balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. grapeseed oil
1/4 tsp. thyme, dried and minced
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1) Mix together all ingredients for the sauce, and set aside. Preheat a grill to medium heat on two burners.
2) Slice the red bell pepper into 1/4 inch thick strips and grill both the bell pepper and linguica for 10-15 minutes, turning the peppers occasionally and the links once. The bell peppers should have a soft texture and the linguica should be cooked all the way through. Remove from heat and let cool.
3) Reduce the grill heat low. Separate the pizza dough into four equal balls. Mold the balls into flat rounds and place on a greased cookie sheet. Brush olive oil on each pizza round, and grill oil side down for 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill. Brush the cooked side of the dough lightly with olive oil or vegetable oil.
4) While dough is cooling, slice the linguica into thin circles and dice the red bell pepper strips. On the uncooked side of the dough, spread the sauce evenly and sprinkle lightly with parsley and oregano. Top with linguica, bell pepper, olives and cheese.
5) Return the pizzas to the grill and let cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the pizza dough is crispy and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of M. Bennion for Scott Harvey Wines