Welcome to Week 2 of our 8-week “Drink Your Wine” Campaign! Last week we featured how to host a blind tasting party. If you missed Week 1, don’t worry, we’re keeping a list that you can find any time.
DRINK YOUR WINE WEEK 2
So, you’ve just hosted your own Blind Wine Tasting Party (Week 1), now it’s time get some one on one time with your sweetheart. Share the wine you love the most with the one you love the most! Whether you make a home cooked meal in your jammies or get dolled up and hit a great restaurant, grab that “special occasion” wine and make a fantastic memory. Capture the night with a few photos, including the requisite “selfie”. Not only will you have enjoyed a romantic dinner with delicious wine, but you will have created a special memory for you and your honey. We’ve got some great tips for the perfect date night.
Tips for planning your date night:
- Stay In Date Night:
- Plan for the kids to sleep over at a friends or relatives.
- Shop the day before for the ingredients for your meal.
- Break out the good place settings and silverware.
- Decorate the table with candles and flowers (unscented candles and flowers with a light fragrance are recommended).
- Turn on a romantic station on Pandora or pop in your favorite romantic CD.
- Dress up or dress down, up to you and your honey.
- Nothing is more romantic than making your meal together!
- Out on the Town Date Night:
- Make reservations at a favorite or new restaurant
- Get a babysitter and plan to have them stay overnight
- Book a hotel room that has a late checkout policy
- Plan your transportation: limo, taxi, Uber, etc.
- Dress to the nines, and pack a small overnight bag
Most importantly…don’t forget that special bottle of wine!
Looking for recipe ideas to pair with the favorite bottle of wine? We’ve got that covered! Here are a few of our favorite recipes:
Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta with Honey Glazed Apricots – Pair with an ice style wine, such as our Angel Eis