Let these spicy and zesty Chili Burgers warm you up on a cold winters night! Our Chili Burgers pair nicely with any of our Scott Harvey Zinfandels.
1 lb lean ground beef
7 oz diced green chiles
1/2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
2 tbsp minced onion
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp smokey BBQ sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Tapatio hot sauce
4 oz sliced pepperjack cheese
2-4 large Dutch Crunch rolls (sliced)
Butter for toasting rolls
1. Preheat a grill to 300°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, diced green chiles and Worchestershire sauce. Mix well, but do not over mix. Set aside.
2. In a small container, combine chili powder, minced onion, cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin. Mix well and stir into beef until well combined. Do not overmix. Form mixture into four even patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Place on preheated grill or griddle and let cook for 6-7 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, minced garlic and Tapatio sauce. Mix well. Lightly butter the rolls and place on the outer part of the heat on the grill. Flip burgers and spread an even amount of the BBQ sauce mix on each burger. Continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes for medium well.
4. Turn off the heat, and cover each burger with 1 oz. of pepperjack cheese. Continue to cook until cheese has melted.
5. Remove the burgers and rolls from the grill and serve immediately. Only serving two? Why not make your burger a double! If serving 4, pair this along with your favorite green salad or a zesty macaroni salad.
Recipe courtesy of M. Bennion